CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Football Questions Answered

Brian asked a bunch of football questions so here are all his questions and my answers.

Caylor I was wondering what if you catch a punt as a fair catch, can you can kick an uncontested fieldgoal from that spot?
Yes

Also what happens if you fumble the ball and it goes out of the end of the endzone?
It is a touchback, which means the other team gets the ball on the 20 yard line, unless you fumble the ball out of the back of your own endzone then it is a safty (two points for the other team) .

How many yards do you get on a facemask penalty? what is the correct name of the penalty?
At least two yards, I think it is called "Grabbing the face mask".


What is face guarding?
When you try to cover the receivers eyes with your hands so he can't catch the ball.

Who is Johny Unitus and who did he play for?
He played for the Baltimore Colts, and I think he was the quarterback.

What commercial was Joe Nameth famous for?
Who is Joe Nameth?

Where did the Titans franchise originate from?
Houston Oilers

Has there ever been a pro girl football player?
Not in the NFL.

Who holds the record for longest field goal kick?
I just know it was the Broncos kicker.

Who is the all time rushing leader?
It should be Barry Sanders if he didn't retire, but it is that dancing guy instead.

Who was Steve Young drafted by?
LA Express of the USFL.

Who has the most alltime touchdowns?
I will!

Who has the best pass percentage of interceptions to touchdowns?
Steve Young

Who has the most touchdowns thrown for in a single superbowl?
Steve Young

What did Ronney Lott do to his hand so he could play in the superbowl?
Cut off his finger or something like that, and then finished the game.

What franchise has the most superbowl wins?
49ers or Packers

Who was Brett Favre drafted by?
By Atalanta

Who is the best all time quarterback?
Even though you probably think it is Steve Young, I think it is John Elway.

Who was the quarterback in Boston Colleges famous win over Miami?
Doug Flutie

When do you get to play football?
Maybe next year.

My dad helped just a little on a couple of questions,but I knew most of them. I know football!

3 comments:

Bill and Joan said...

Wow! I'm impressed.

Bill and Joan said...

Hey Caylor,
This is Christi again. Thanks for answering all of Brian's questions it is helping me to become familiar with football terms and history. Kris and I will try to start a blog. Thank you for tagging us. I miss you!!

Bill and Joan said...

Caylor, How can you know football and not know who Joe Namath was. I think you need to do more homework. Who was juice?